Joshua Kirby and AutumnSpring Counseling aim to be deeply engaged with the mental health provider community in State College and Centre County. We welcome contacts, inquiries, invitations, and discussions with professionals throughout the area.
Referrals To Us
Launching anew in September 2021, Joshua Kirby, MEd, NCC, CCC is accepting new clients. Josh welcomes opportunities to collaborate on client/patient care and support.
Fellow professionals, please note these key highlights about the practice:
- AutumnSpring Counseling is a private (self) pay practice. We do not accept insurance.
- Josh is prelicensed, working eagerly toward licensure, and is supervised by Jennifer Pepperman, LCSW, ACS.
- Josh is certified as a mental health counselor (NCC) and as a career counselor (CCC).
- In his first career, Josh was a university professor and program coordinator (both tenure-line and non-tenure-line) at two large institutions for 8.5 years. His rapport with adolescents, adults, and seniors is excellent. He was until recently an active University Faculty Senator and advocated locally on behalf of fairness and wellbeing of faculty, students, and staff.
- Josh’s counseling works at the intersection of mental health and career counseling. Common threads across Josh’s clientele include, as examples, studenthood (high school and college/vocational school), university faculty and staff, job/career (dis-)satisfaction, career exploration and (in-)decision, career transition (forced or voluntary); and the mental health concerns connected to such matters, including depression, anxiety, adjustment, self-efficacy/confidence, and relational/interpersonal disorders.
Referrals By Us
Josh is committed to developing a network of go-to professional providers. Please email or call just to chat, set-up a meet-up, introduce your practice and services, or discuss business. “Cold contacts” are welcome from local providers—we may not know each other now, and we can do something about that!